Hunger is one of the most severe roadblocks to the learning process. Lack of nutrition may set up a cycle of poor performance. Hunger also may make children more prone to illness and other health issues. The Bag Pack Program is designed to fill that nutrition gap and make sure children can get the nutritious meals they need.
Help us feed those children in need. The average cost per child is $10.00 per week. The supplemental food will be provided to school children at local elementary schools whose homes are considered to be food insecure. The children who receive the supplemental food are enrolled in the Free Reduce Lunch Program and will be given an allotment of food each Friday to ensure they have food to eat while at home for the weekend.
Last year we provided 85 Bag Packs per week. Our Goal for the 2015-2016 school year is to Provide 100 Bag Packs per week but we can’t do it without your help. You can donate online by clicking the “Make a Difference Donate” Button above. Please indicate that your donation is for the Bag Pack Feeding Program or you can send a check to:
Sharing Center of Central Brevard
Children’s Feeding Program
P.O. Box 3363
Cocoa, FL 32924-3363
100% of the funds raised will be used to support this feeding program.
• Reside in the central section of Brevard County – Pt. St John south to the Pineda Causeway, Orange/Brevard County line east to the ocean.
• Complete and sign Client Assistance Form
• Household representative must present a picture ID and provide an original social security card for every member in the household (every time you apply).
• Households will be eligible for emergency food assistance no more than every 60 days.
If you are not sure if you meet the time requirements you may call 631-0306 and staff will provide that information.
• Clients are eligible every 30 day for clothing and every 6 months for household goods.
• Clients must reside in the central section of Brevard County.
• Clients must provide an original social security card for every member of the household (each time – every time).
• Household representative must present a picture ID.
• Complete and sign a client assistance form.
When the temperature drops to 45 degrees or below we convert our community kitchen in to a Cold Night Shelter. Please call (321) 631-0306 Ext. 110 to see if the shelter is planning to be open. Doors open at 6:00 PM and space is limited.
All are welcome.
The Sharing Center Central Brevard’s annual shoe drive, Every Step Counts, recently got a major boost from space program workers.
The Sharing Center is hoping others will follow in the footsteps of ELVIS 2 Team (ai solutions and Analex) at KSC and help the Sharing Center provide a new pair of shoes to each school child in need.
This year employees of companies working on the contract donated 85 pairs of shoes and $346.00, said David Brubaker Vice President for the Central Brevard Sharing Center. “Not all families have the funds for back-to-school shoes, and this program will help fill that void,” “It’s important today that kids start school feeling good about themselves.” The ELVIS 2 KSC team decided to get involved 10 years ago when they researched worthy causes for their summer project. “We look forward to it every year” Pam Pugmire with a.i. solutions- KSC said.
The Sharing Center, a nonprofit organization, is working with schools to identify children who are in need of new shoes. In 2014-15 the Sharing Center provided 371 pairs of shoes to Central Brevard students. For more information please call 631-0306. Donations for the sneaker program may be sent to the Sharing Center of Central Brevard, Attention: Sneaker Fund, P.O. Box 3363, Cocoa FL 32924-3363